Did you know that 90% of what you will learn in your entire life occurs between birth and six years of age? We want to keep you excited and involved in your child's learning!
At Wind and Tide, we have created a number of ways for parents to stay involved in their child's learning. Here are just a few:
- Attend a Parent Information Night - at the beginning of October each year, we provide a Parent Night for all families to attend and hear about the curriculum that will be taught to your child as well as other information to help you know how you can get involved with your child's class. If you are unable to attend the Parent Night, you should receive a Parent Information DVD from your child's teacher which also goes over all of the Parent Night information.
- Attend Party Days - at the end of every month in the preschool program, your child's class will have a party day. This is a great opportunity for you to meet other families in your child's class and to hear about all that your child has learned at preschool. Announcements will also be given at the party day outlining what will be happening at your child's school the following month.
- Read the Parent Boards - each school has a parent board located near the entrance. This board contains helpful information that will keep you up to date with all that is going on at your child's school.
- Visit a classroom - parents are always welcome to come and watch your child's class. There is so much that happens in one day, and it is hard for us to communicate all of that with you. However, you are welcome to come in and see for yourself all the learning and fun that occurs each day. We would ask that you check with your child's teacher to set up a day to observe so that we can avoid having too many adults in the room on a given day.
- Help out on a Special Day or Field Trip - parents are always welcome to join us on our special days or field trips. There will be sign-up sheets in your classroom for each of these days. Siblings are usually welcome, but please check with your child's teacher ahead of time.
As you can see, there are a variety of ways in which you can choose to be involved in your child's learning. We hope that you will join us on this new adventure with your child!