Values & Beliefs
Wind and Tide is a Christian-based program that seeks to demonstrate and promote Christian values and attitudes. We would like the children to develop a love for God and His creation, a caring attitude towards each other and an appreciation and concern for the world around them.
What does it mean when we say we are a Christian-based Program?
This means that your child will hear the following:
- God created an amazing world.
- God loves everyone and we can talk to Him whenever we want. He knows everything about us.
- God sent His son Jesus to show us how much He loves us. Christmas is the time of year when we celebrate Jesus' birth.
- God has designed us to be happiest when we are loving His world and each other.
Being a Christian-based program does NOT mean the following:
- That only families with similar belief systems are welcome. Everyone is welcome! We encourage families to discuss what is heard in class in relation to their own belief system.
- That we lead children to become "Christians". Wind and Tide is an opportunity for exposure, not commitment.
- That we disregard other faiths represented in the classroom.
- That we set aside separate teaching times for bible teaching.